11/20/2011

Confession Sunday

This week’s confession: I’m a beauty-holic.  I’m fairly certain I spend most of my discretionary income on anything Sephora – skin care, makeup, brushes… I love it all.  That’s exactly why I was so excited to read about a monthly service that delivers 4-5 samples of beauty products to my door, for only $10/month!  I found service, Birchbox, while reading The Small Things blog.  I received my first package last weekend and I can’t wait to share it with you!  I plan to share each delivery, and then tell you exactly what I think of the product (good or bad!)

003

First of all, I’m a sucker for cute packaging.  How cute is this box?

008_edited-1

The inside is even better!

013_edited-1

Here are the goodies:

1. Befine Night Cream: lips1lips1lips1

This night crème is silky smooth, but not earth shattering.  I’ve been using it for the last week and haven’t noticed a lot of differences.  I will say I was slighly more moisturized in the morning.

2.  Alex and Isabelle Hair Ties lips1

Ooops… Okay, don’t judge – I thought these cute things were part of the packaging and I threw them away!  Ha!  Guess I won’t be able to report on these….

3.  Supersmile Toothpaste lips1lips1lips1lips1

This stuff is great!  A little weird because it specifically says not to get your toothbrush wet before you use it… but, I’ve already noticed a difference!  Definitely have to add this to my normal routine.

4.  Anatasia Mascara lips1

I questioned even giving this one kiss.  Terrrrrible.  Doesn’t even hold a light to my normal mascara (which you HAVE to try): MAC Opulash – Adds a ton of volume and stays put all day long… even during my 16-hour work days!

5.  Keratase Elixir lips1lips1lips1lips1

This is a miracle for hair – Add a little to your hair pre-blow dry for major manageability or add a dab after you blow dry for amazing smoothing powers.  Bonus: it smells great!!

 

Can’t wait for my next box to come!!

9 comments:

rottrover said...

What fun!!! Is Birchbox a Sephora service or are they separate?? Inquiring minds...

Lauren L said...

auntie! check it out: http://www.birchbox.com/
(not affiliated with Sephora).
You deserve it!! ;)

Stacey Syverson said...

such a cool idea! and a great alternative to the shoedazzle service that i think we've both agreed not to do anymore. anyway, i cant wait to try this once I have my new monthly budget set!

monster cakes said...

What a cool service! Can't wait to hear how you like all of next month's goodies! xo

Eliesa said...

love, love, love your blog design. it's so beautiful! glad to have found it :)

eliesa @ good day, sunshine

Jessica Wray said...

I got my second birch box last week! I love getting a box of surprise goodies in the mail-- so much fun!

Michelle said...

this is such a great idea! never heard of this before :)

Jacqlyn said...

I need to sign myself up for this! Brilliant.

Ly said...

You got a much better birchbox then I did. I've had like 3 months of bad boxes...thinking about canceling :(

-Ly
http://www.lyzhang.com

Post a Comment

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...