10/25/2011

Countdown

Well it’s already that time of year… My work “busy season” 1 of 2.  Everyone knows an accountant is extremely busy Jan-April every year like clockwork.  However, I’m a lucky gal and I also have a “pre-busy season” that lasts about a month from mid-Oct through the end of Nov.  I usually work anywhere from 70-80 hours during this month span, and boy does time fly!

I have learned to survive this work marathon using a number of tactics, one of which I will share with you today.  One word: Countdowns. 

I’m the first to admit, I’m Type A.  Dictionary.com defines “Type A” as: “A temperament marked by excessive competitiveness and ambition, an obsession with accomplishing tasks quickly, little time for self-reflection, and a strong need to control situations.”  Yeah…. I guess that sums me up in a nutshell – Although I’d like to think that there’s a lot more to me than just my Type A side!

Anyway, back to Countdowns… I survive this grueling work schedule with countdowns to various future events that I am looking forward to.  I am so blessed to have a lot of fun exciting stuff coming up that I thought I would share (in chronological order):

28 days: Client X files and my busy season winds down

30 days: Thanksgiving and my mom is in town to visit!

(me and momma on my wedding day!)

IMG_0210re

45 days: Work Christmas party (which reminds me, I need to get a dress stat!)

51 days: Hubby Christmas party

58 days: 2 week Christmas vacation begins!

60 days: Christmas Eve!

61 days: Christmas Day

64 days: New York for 7 days for NYE!

TimesSquare_NewYearsEve_photocountdownentertainment

This is more than enough to get me through the next few weeks! 

What are you counting down towards?

2 comments:

{lauren} said...

i'm a countdown gal too! school breaks, birthdays, vacations...anything that takes me away from everyday life! also, loving the new look girl! it looks awesome!!

Mallory Curtin said...

Hee Hee - I love the type A reference. You're too cute. However, I would say, from the looks of this blog, you are doing a much better job on "reflecting"!

Post a Comment

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...